Job Description: Senior Forensic Consultant
Founded in 2000, Higgins & Associates, Inc. is a rapidly expanding forensic engineering firm located in Littleton, Colorado. We provide engineering consulting, expert witness, construction quality assurance and cost consulting services to the insurance industry, law firms, contractors, homeonwers associations, and commercial/residential property owners.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Forensic Consultant with a strong focus on delivering exceptional service and superior work product for our clients. You will be responsible for communicating with clients and insured’s contacts, scheduling and undertaking inspections, conducting property condition assessments and using your industry knowledge of construction means and methods to estimate the cost of repair. You will conduct detailed take-off analysis and reporting for complex projects and perform quality assurance and quality control activities (QA/QC) to ensure compliance with building codes and good construction practices. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 15 years of loss assessment, restoration, project management, roofing or equivalent experience in the construction field. The candidate would demonstrate expertise in negotiating and settling appraisal, loss and restoration files in a timely manner and the ability to apply strong analysis and writing skills to expert reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead projects and act as a primary point of contact with clients and project representatives.
- Perform field inspections, required site visits and conduct appraisal activities in conjunction with professional engineers on staff.
- Estimating of medium to large projects. A good working knowledge of Xactimate is a significant benefit.
- Document review and analysis of schedules, contracts, change orders, designs, plans, correspondence, reports, and any additional documents relating to a project.
- Provide technical direction to consultants and construction staff in a QA/QC capacity
- Support litigation investigations by providing expert services to legal and insurance clients.
- Use excellent communication skills to ensure deadlines and cost targets are met.
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers to help develop new business opportunities and continue to nurture and strengthen existing client relationships.
Education/ Formal Training Required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or industry level experience.
- 15 years loss assessment, restoration, field construction, scheduling, and project management experience.
- Proficiency in Xactimate estimating software is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Job and Industry Experience:
- Industry related degrees, credentials, or certifications.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with others. Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- We aim to create an environment where the best people want to work, where they can turn their passion into their job and realize their full potential
- Individual development, on-the-job training, and development programs designed to help our employees grow in their careers
- Competitive pay and performance-based incentives
- 100% company paid healthcare, dental and vision insurance
- Company 401(k) contributions irrespective of level of employee contribution
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Flexible work environment with option to work remotely when needed
Applications accepted via email to: email@example.com